Replace these sugary foods with these nutritious alternatives.
Ready meals/ Microwave meals.... Switch to Fresh made homemade meals ready to reheat.
Table Sugar.... Switch to organic honey, coconut sugar or agave nectar.
Jarred and packed sauces, soups or Tinned foods.... switch to making your own from scratch.
Cakes, biscuits, bakery treats, chocolate and sweets.... switch to oatcakes, 70% dark chocolate, dates fresh fruits and natural nuts.
Tomato sauce r brown sauce.... switch to homemade relishes and chutneys.
Mayonnaise.... switch to hummus, mashed avocado, mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
Dips and salsas.... switch to pesto, hummus, homemade guacamole, pate.
Sweets and chocolate.... switch to dark organic 70 or 80% cocoa chocolate, dates and fruit.
Ice cream.... switch to plain Greek yogurt with berries and organic honey.
Artificial sweeteners.... switch to organic honey or coconut sugar.
Fruit juices and sugary drinks.... sparkling mineral water with fresh fruit, fruit smoothies and homemade pressed fruit juices.
Instant coffee, mocha and hot chocolate sachets.... switch to freshly ground coffee beans, herbal tea, green teas, dark cocoa powder and honey makes a great hot chocolate.
Here's some filling snack that are handy to have on hand when hunger calls....
- cup carrot sticks, cucumber or celery sticks, cherry tomatoes or broccoli.
- 1/2 cup cooked baby beetroot.
- 1/2 cup olives.
- heaped teaspoon hummus.
- 2 tablespoons organic nut butter like cashew or almond.
- hard boiled egg.
- apple, pear, bananas, kiwi or orange.
- handful of natural nuts any mixed not salted or roasted. if you want them roasted you can roast them yourself for 10 minutes on a low heat in the oven.